Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MY BACK PORCH


We live in a condo, which means a shared yard. I don't like to garden so I stay clear of volunteering for any association yard work. I do however love to have my own fresh herbs on hand. I am sure they would do much better in the ground but my hanging pots work just find. Every spring I play hooke from work and go to the local farmers market with my partner and get my favorite herbs.  Tina re pots all of them for me. This year we have basil cilantro, parsley, thyme, mint, rosemary, basil and some dill which has already died. It is so fun to have fresh herbs on hand for what ever, when ever. I am partial to the rosemary and the basil. I love tossing diced potatos with olive oil, salt and fresh rosemary and roasting them. I use most of the cilantro for indian dishes. I am a bit conservative with using the basil since I love to make pesto in the fall and freeze it for the winter.

No comments: